"I can't think of another agency or group that can do as much as LeAp in terms of variety and the menu of available programs to meet our specific needs." - Principal, Bronx
Who We Are
LeAp is a leading innovator in educational programs and services and one of the premiere arts-in-education programs in New York City. Since 1977 LeAp has helped over two million students reach their full potential, academically, artistically, and socially. In the last six years, LeAp has received numerous federal grants to study the impact of using our arts-based strategies to improve student performance on students' literacy skills. The results have been extraordinary, as students in our programs continue to excel in subsequent years. LeAp's programs promote cognitive, social, and emotional development in students of all ages and abilities.
• Creative Programs: LeAp develops and delivers workshops, residencies and performances for schools, cultural institutions and community-based organizations.
• Innovative Materials: LeAp has developed a wide array of educational materials for teachers and students that promote engaging, effective learning.
• Customized Services: LeAp designs and oversees individualized solutions to challenging education problems, tailoring programs to meet the specific needs of each classroom.
• LeAp Specialists: LeAp brings over 200 teaching artists and experts from architects to zoologist into the classroom to work with teachers and students.
• Featured Programs: Over the past 11 years, LeAp has developed a number of exciting and unique programs that take students to the next level academically and artistically.
• Awards: LeAp has received numerous accolades and awards for its outstanding programs.
To learn more please click on the links below: